Richmond & Barnes Deanery
Richmond, Holy Trinity with Christ Church
Rev Trevor Patterson (Vicar)
Holy Trinity Vicarage,
Surrey TW9 1UP
Tel: 020 8404 1114
Holy Trinity Church Centre,
Surrey TW9 1UP
Tel: 020 8404 1112
Parish website: www.htrichmond.org.uk
1st & 3rd Sundays
2nd & 4th Sundays
(with crèche, children's and young people's activities for all ages)
6.30pm Evening Worship
Further details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts
Patron: Church Pastoral Aid Society
Urban Priority Area: No
History of the Church
Architect: R Brandon
Listing: not listed
The original church building of Holy Trinity, which was built in 1870, is of plain Gothic style and is faced with Kentish Ragstone with Bath Stone dressings. It is not generally considered to be of any great architectural merit and is not listed at this present time.
Apart from the removal of some of the pews, the introduction of a platform projecting into the nave, and the demolition of the upper part of the tower for safety reason, the general character and layout of the building had changed very little until the 1990's.
In the early 1950's a brick faced Halls complex was built on the Sheen Park side of the church.
In 1991, a comprehensive scheme was prepared for the re-ordering and repair of the existing church building and the building of new Hall facilities, linked to the existing building to form an integrated Church Centre Complex. The work, which included the demolition of the West Porch and the 1950's Halls, was, apart from the re-ordering of the East End of the Church, completed in 1992.
The church of Richmond, Christ Church was made redundant in 1986 and sold for residential use.