for the Diocese of Southwark
- Resources for Harvest 2013
- Diocesan Annual Review of 2012
- Parish Statistics
- Diocesan Enviromental Policy - Taking Care of God's Creation
- Holy Land Pilgrimage 2013 'The Way of the Cross'
& Pilgrimage Blog
- Day of Prayer and Fasting resources
- Diocesan Olympic Group Reports
- Strategy for Ministry report
- General Synod Resources
- Southwark - Zimbabwe Links
- Ministry Matters
- Common Tenure
- Diocesan Handbook & Resources Guide
- Woolwich Episcopal Area Resource Exchange
- Presidential Addresses to Diocesan Synod
- Communications & Resources Dept
- Residential & Retreat Centres
Click here for resources put together by The Revd Carol Coslett, Faith in the Countryside Group Link Officer, that might be useful for planning Harvest festivals.
The Diocesan Annual Review for 2012 (including 2013-4 calendar) is now available to view/download in PDF form (3MB)
As well as a reminder of the work done by the Boards, Working Groups and Committees of the Diocese, the Review contains key Diocesan dates (where known at time of going to press but please check 2014 dates)
Click here for new resources from the Church of England Research and Statistics Department and Church Urban Fund to help parishes understand more about their parishes and their place in the local community
Click here to download a copy of the Diocesan Environmental Policy 'Taking Care of God's Creation'.
Click here to read the Pilgrimage Blog written daily on the 2013 Diocesan Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
Click here for the details of the Day of Prayer & Fasting that took place in the Cathedral on Saturday 5 January.
Click here to download the Report from the Diocesan Olympic Group and the personal report from the Diocesan Olympic Adviser
Click here to download the Report from the Strategy for Ministry Group which was approved by Diocesan Synod at its November meeting.
How to find out more about General Synod
- Follow it on the Parliament channel, usually broadcast after the sessions and usually when Parliament is in recess: http://tinyurl.com/Parliament-schedules
- Follow it live in audio: http://tinyurl.com/GSynod-Audio
(when prompted say yes to enhanced content, to get GS Agenda
and papers on screen)
- Read the General Synod papers (available two weeks before the sessions and permanently afterwards):
Croydon Area - linked with the Diocese of Central Zimbabwe
Kingston Area - Linked with the Diocese of Matabeleland
Contact via the Kingston Area OfficeKingston - Matabeleland Link website
Woolwich Area - linked with the Diocese of Manicaland
Contact - The Revd Steve Cook - 020 8856 8294
Southwark Cathedral - linked with the Diocese of Masvingo
Whilst mainly directed at Clergy, Readers and SPAs, some of these courses on a range of subjects to resource Christian life and ministry are open to all.
The brochure for the Spring term 2013 can be downloaded here.
Information & resources for clergy affected by the move to Common Tenure.
An electronic version (PDF format) of the Handbook & Resources Guide is available to download here. It is sub-divided into three parts:
Part One contains three sections of background information about the way the Diocese of Southwark is organised and run, together with some historical and biographical material
Part Two contains the Pastoral Regulations
Part Three consists of a series of substantial articles (called Guidance Notes) on aspects of Diocesan policy and practice.
Now over 1600 items available for loan to parishes within the Southwark Diocese – Books, DVDs, Godly Play equipment, training materials, play scheme apparatus, group study materials and much more.
Presidential Addresses to Diocesan Synod
- 2001 Census Data
- Articles of Enquiry 2013
- Bishops' Letters
- Church Signage Guidelines for Smokefree legislation
- Clergy Pay & Conditions of Service 2013
- Copyright Licensing
- Developing your Church Buildings
- Diocesan Accounts for 2012
- Diocesan Calendar 2013
- Diocesan Prayer Calendars
- Fairer Shares information
- Forms for Annual Parochial Church meetings
- Guide to Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure Process
- Money Matters 2013
- PCC Secretaries' Handbook
- Racism Inquiry
- Return of Parish Finance (PDF)
- Return of Parish Finance (Excel)
- Return of Parish Finance Notes (PDF)
- So your Vicar is leaving - Guidelines for vacancies in Southwark
- World Mission & Development Resource File
- Youth and Children's Worker Employment Guidelines