The following pages are designed to help you whether you are coming to these pages to think about your own stewardship of God's resources or because you want to think about how your parish might take stewardship more seriously.
You will find information about the resources on offer from the Diocese of Southwark and pointers to other useful material.
What is Christian Stewardship?
Christian stewardship is about:
- how we live as Christian disciples
- how we manage all the world’s resources
- how we use all that God has given to us as individuals
In April 2008 Communications and Resources launched 'Eager to Give?' a Diocesan wide initiative in which an information pack to all incumbents and treasurers to help them tackle stewardship in their parish. This helps parishes to consider their own stewardship.
Communications & Resources have also produced some resources to help churches encourage legacy giving.
New stewardship resources for parishes are now available. In July 2009, General Synod had a debate on generous giving and commended both the Giving for Life report and these parish resources.
The Giving for Life resources include:
- a guide for clergy to help Incumbents make best use of the materials locally
- a guide for PCCs to help them review their strategy and adopt best practices for stewardship
- a pew leaflet which will help members of your congregation think about generosity and giving
Extra copies of the resources are available and if you need extra copies or any help with using the materials, contact Jackie Pontin. Printable versions can also be downloaded from www.parishresources.org.uk
Communications and Resources can help
The Diocesan Stewardship Resources Officer and Director of Communications & Resources are available to come to visit your parish. We can assist you with stewardship in many ways including:
- talking to the incumbent, stewardship planning committee or PCC about stewardship and the programmes we offer
- planning and implementing a stewardship programme in the parish in consultation with the PCC and incumbent
- preaching on stewardship
- advising on fundraising
- planning a mission day to help focus church resources
Or come and visit us at Trinity House.
We do not charge for our time but if we visit a parish to do a presentation or to preach we simply charge travel expenses or mileage.